Last modified on 03 January, 2024
Definitions and Key Terms
- Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information;
- Country: where Farcana or the owners/founders of Farcana are based, in this case is UAE;
- Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Farcana Service;
- Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit Farcana and use the Service;
- Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by US regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
- IP address: every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet;
- Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by Farcana or are under a contract to perform a Service on behalf of one of the parties;
- Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information, including a personal identification number, allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person;
- Service: refers to the service provided by Farcana as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform;
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you;
- You: a person or entity that is registered with Farcana to use the Services.
What Do We Use Your Personal Data For?
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to enable us to provide our Service and perform our services to you;
- to protect the safety and well-being of yourself and/or other customers;
- to investigate and respond to claims and inquiries from you;
- for business development purposes such as statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance and development, customer surveys or to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preference;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; and/ or
- for all other purposes ancillary to any of the purposes stated above;
- to communicate offers, product, services and information on products and activities;
- marketing/cross-marketing and communicating with you in relation to products and services offered by us and our service partners as well as our appointed agents; and/or
- for all other purposes ancillary to any of the purposes stated above;
(collectively, the "Purposes").
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect the following information from you when you visit our website/app, register on our website, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form:
- Name / Username;
- E-mail address.
We also collect information from mobile devices for a better user experience, although these features are completely optional:
- Location (GPS): location data helps to create an accurate representation of your interests, and this can be used to bring more targeted and relevant ads to potential customers;
- Phonebook (contacts list): your contacts list allows the platform to be much easier to use by the user, since accessing your contacts from the app makes you save tons of time.
When Does Farcana Use End User Information from Third Parties?
Farcana will collect end user data necessary to provide the Service to our customers. End users may voluntarily provide us with information they have made available on social media websites. If you provide us with any such information, we may collect publicly available information from the social media websites you have indicated. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
When Does Farcana Use Customer Information from Third Parties?
We receive some information from the third parties when you contact us. For example, when you submit your email address to us to show interest in becoming a Farcana customer, we receive information from a third party that provides automated fraud detection services to Farcana. We also occasionally collect information that is made publicly available on social media websites. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
Do We Share the Information We Collect with Third Parties?
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share it with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners and, if we are involved in a merger, asset sale or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest.
We may engage trusted third-party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and the website/app, database storage and management, e-mail management, storage marketing, credit card processing, customer service and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through the website/app. We will likely share your personal information and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the website/app in a shared location, and type of the device used to visit the website/app. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the website/app and then provide auditing, research and reporting for us and our advertisers.
We may also disclose personal and non-personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas) to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations.
How Do We Collect Personal Data?
Farcana will collect personal information that you submit to us. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties as described above.
- when you engage with our products and Service;
- when you create an account with us;
- under any other contractual agreement or arrangement.
Some of the other ways we may collect Personal Data shall include (but is not limited to):
- communications with you via telephone, letter and email;
- when you visit our website/app;
- when you contact us in person;
- when we contact you in person;
- when we collect information about you from third parties;
- other channels including our support helpdesk.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- to improve our website/app (we continually strive to improve our website/app offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- to process transactions;
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- to send periodic e-mails.
How Do We Use Your E-mail Address?
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
The Company stores data in global hosting providers with servers across regions and we shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted when no longer required for the purpose and prepare a disposal schedule for inactive data after a 24-month period.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) is never kept on file. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to Us or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
Could My Information Be Transferred to Other Countries?
Farcana is incorporated in UAE. Information collected via our website/app, through direct interactions with you or from use of our help services may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or to third parties located throughout the world and may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
Is the Information Collected through the Farcana Service Secure?
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your personal information, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standards used to measure our compliance with that duty.
Can I Update or Correct My Information?
The rights you have to request updates or corrections to the information Farcana collects depend on your relationship with Farcana. Personnel may update or correct their information as detailed in our internal company employment policies.
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our system. The need to back up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Promptly after receiving your request, all personal information stored in databases we actively use and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as and to the extent reasonably and technically practicable.
If you are an end user and wish to update, delete or receive any information we have about you, you may do so by contacting the organization of which you are a customer.
If you are a Farcana worker or applicant, we collect information you voluntarily provide to us. We use the information collected for Human Resources purposes in order to administer benefits to workers and screen applicants.
Sale of Business
The laws of UAE, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern your use of our website/app. Your use of the website/app may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
Links to Other Websites
Cookies can either be session Cookies or persistent Cookies. A session Cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent Cookie will remain until it expires or you delete your Cookies. Expiration dates are set in the Cookies themselves; some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after multiple years. Cookies placed by the website you’re visiting are called “first party cookies”.
Strictly Necessary Cookies are necessary for our website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are essential in order to enable you to navigate around the website and use its features. If you remove or disable these Cookies, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use our website.
We use essential Cookies to make our website work. These Cookies are strictly necessary to enable core functionality such as security, network management, your Cookie preferences and accessibility. Without them you wouldn't be able to use basic Service. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website function.
Blocking And Disabling Cookies and Similar Technologies
Wherever you're located you may also set your browser to block Cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block our essential Cookies and prevent our website/app from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilize all of its features and services. You should also be aware that you may also lose some saved information (e.g., saved login details, site preferences) if you block cookies on your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser, you should visit your browser's help menu for more information.
We use remarketing services. What Is Remarketing? In digital marketing, remarketing (or retargeting) is the practice of serving ads across the Internet to people who have already visited your website/app. It allows your company to seem like they're “following” people around the Internet by serving ads on the websites and platforms they use most.
In respect to any credit card or other payment processing details you have provided us, we commit that this confidential information will be stored in the most secure manner possible.
You must be eligible for the particular Service to the extent it is available in your country. If we present an incorrect country for you or you move countries, then you must correct the country in your account or contact support before using the Service again.
We do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 (or 16) has provided us with personal information, please contact us with sufficient detail to enable us to delete that information.
We may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services) or provide links to third-party websites or services ("Third-Party Services").
You acknowledge and agree that Farcana shall not be responsible for any Third-Party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. Farcana does not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Services.
Third-Party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.
- Google Maps API:
- Local Storage:
Local Storage sometimes known as DOM storage, provides web apps with methods and protocols for storing client-side data. Web storage supports persistent data storage, similar to Cookies but with a greatly enhanced capacity and no information stored in the HTTP request header.
We use sessions to identify the areas of our platform that you have visited. A session is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser.
Information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What is GDPR?
GDPR is an EU-wide privacy and data protection law that regulates how EU residents' data is protected by companies and enhances the control the EU residents have, over their personal data.
The GDPR is relevant to any globally operating company and not just the EU-based businesses and EU residents. Our customers’ data is important irrespective of where they are located, which is why we have implemented GDPR controls as our baseline standard for all our operations worldwide.
What Is Personal Data?
Any data that relates to an identifiable or identified individual. GDPR covers a broad spectrum of information that could be used on its own, or in combination with other pieces of information, to identify a person. Personal data extends beyond a person’s name or e-mail address. Some examples include financial information, political opinions, genetic data, biometric data, IP addresses, physical address, sexual orientation and ethnicity.
The Data Protection Principles include requirements such as:
- Personal data collected must be processed in a fair, legal and transparent way and should only be used in a way that a person would reasonably expect;
- Personal data should only be collected to fulfil a specific purpose and it should only be used for that purpose. Organizations must specify why they need the personal data when they collect it;
- Personal data should be held no longer than necessary to fulfil its purpose;
- People covered by the GDPR have the right to access their own personal data. They can also request a copy of their data and that their data be updated, deleted, restricted or moved to another organization.
Why Is GDPR Important?
GDPR adds some new requirements regarding how companies should protect individuals' personal data that they collect and process. It also raises the stakes for compliance by increasing enforcement and imposing greater fines for breach. Beyond these facts it's simply the right thing to do. At Farcana we strongly believe that your data privacy is very important and we already have solid security and privacy practices in place that go beyond the requirements of this new regulation.
Individual Data Subject's Rights - Data Access, Portability and Deletion
We are aware that if you are working with EU customers, you need to be able to provide them with the ability to access, update, retrieve and remove personal data. We got you! We've been set up as self-service from the start and have always given you access to your data. Our customer support team is here for you to answer any questions you might have about working with the API.
"Do Not Track" Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) require us to disclose categories of Personal Information we collect and how we use it, the categories of sources from whom we collect Personal Information and the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above.
We are also required to communicate information about rights California residents have under California law. As a California resident and/or CalOPPA user, you have and may exercise the following rights:
- Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information we collect, use or share; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or used by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- Right to Equal Service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights;
- Right to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete Personal Information about you that we have collected;
- Right to request that a business that sells a consumer's Personal Data, not sell the consumer's Personal Data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
We do not sell the Personal Information of our users. For more information about these rights, please contact us via e-mail as stated below.